The festival fills the city of Barcelona from 18th to 24th September with a dense program of activities
The 2015 Mercè arrives in Barcelona on Friday 18th and filled with culture, tradition and party the Catalan capital until Thursday September 24th, with a comprehensive program that includes more than 500 events for all tastes and ages. The Barcelona festival, which this year has a budget of 3.1 million euros will again attract thousands of people to acts so ingrained as cercaviles of popular culture or Piromusical, but also offer new features and surprises, as an airplane become art scene in the Ciutadella or a constellation of tango exhibitions arrivals directly from Buenos Aires, which is the guest city this year. Andreu Buenafuente will be responsible for giving the go-ahead with the opening, while the poster for this edition is the work of Irish painter Sean Scully, based in Barcelona.
The musical program of BAM and Mercè Music concerts offer far-reaching as the Forum consolidated nights or return to the stage Mediterràniament Bogatell Beach, which opened last year. Besides the Mostra d’Associacions held two decades with its own program of activities, among which there will be a special concert program LaVanguardia.com acustik on Sunday 20th September. No shortage of popular concerts in front of the former factory of Estrella Damm, like the top artists that will bring the Reina Maria Cristina avenue three leading radio stations. In addition, Montjuïc Castle will host an intense weekend of circus and the Parc de la Ciutadella revelation-the scene in recent years, with a huge public-assistance proposals strengthen the programming day and night. The Palauet Albéniz reopen doors to the public-just that many museums of the city and be surrounded by family shows and dance esbarts. Nor they will fail acts that have so faithful as year after year enjoy the day castellera Day Merce this time without municipal authorities in precedente- Mass, the videomapping on the facade of the town hall and massive public sporting events as the Cursa de la Merce and swim across the harbor.
Not to be missed in the program of events, this selection of the biggest events summarizes the main highlights and news from the celebrations of the Mercè 2015.
Proclamation and tap Start
Friday 18 at 19h in the Town Hall of Barcelona, by Andreu Buenafuente. Simultaneously and to 21h, the main groups of popular culture and will travel Ciutat Vella festive elements in the Toc d’Inici. At the point of departure, the Palau de la Virreina (Rambla 99) the Guild of Bakers and distributed platform Panàtics pa amb oli picnic. It will also open the festival the recovered ringing bells of all the churches of the Gòtic neighborhood. From the roof consistorial fireworks will be launched.
– Days Adifolk: International Folklore Festival will fill the whip Moll Sunday 24 20. Closing Thursday at 20: 15h at Sant Jaume square.
– Mostra Gegants Drassanes (Saturday 19th, 18h, La Rambla) and XXII Mostra Balls of Gegants (Thursday 24, 11h, Plaza Sant Jaume)
– Moixiganga (Sat 19, 16: 30h, Place de la Mercè)
– ‘Matí bastoner’ (Sunday 20th, 10h, Sant Jaume to Portal de l’Angel)
– Falcons (Sun 20, 10: 30h, Avenue of the Cathedral Plaza Sant Jaume)
– 65th contest sardanas (Sunday 20th, 11h, Cathedral)
– Doubles casteller: colles invited Xiquets Valls Jove and Minyons Terrassa near Barcelona Castellers in castellera Festa (Sunday 20th, 12h, Sant Jaume square); while local hold a National Day of the patron saint’s day (Thursday 24th, 12: 30h, Sant Jaume)
– Seguici of Mercy with historical figures (Thursday 24, 12, Merce Sant Jaume)
– Children and adult Correfoc (Sun 20, 18: 30h and 20: 30h, Via Laietana), preceded by the Tabalada Infernal, the Ceptrotada and Porta de l’Infern
– The Great Cavalcade of Mercy (Thursday 24, 18h, Pelai Sant Jaume)
– Retrats of Barcelona on the facade of the City (Friday 18 to Thursday 24, every night)
– Awakening Dragon Casa Batllo (Wednesday 23, 21h and 22: 30h, Passeig de Gràcia 43)
– Free Spirits Big Band & The Petit de Cal Eril + Sisa, Portet i Oliver: Friday 18 from 22: 30h on Avenida de la Catedral
– Maria del Mar Bonet: Saturday 19, at 00: 30h in the Avenue de la Catedral
– Concert acustik Vanguard: Obeses, Pepet i Marieta and Owls: Sunday 20, from 21h in the Plaza Catalunya
– Concert RAC105: Coriola Blaumut and Saturday 19 at 21h in Plaza Catalunya
– The Malaga: Sunday 20 at 22: 30h at Sant Jaume Square
– The Gossa Deaf and Aspencat: Friday 18, starting at 23: 59h, Esplanada stage at the Forum
– Mishima and Delorean: Saturday 19, from 23: 30h, stage platform at the Forum
– Joan Dausà, Friends of the Arts, Els Catarres and Oques Grasses: miércoles23, at 21, Mediterràniament stage in Bogatell
– OBC and Orchestra and Chorus of the Gran Teatre del Liceu: Tuesday 22 at 22: 15h and Thursday 24 at 20: 30h, respectively, in the Cathedral Avenue
– Miquel Abras and Macaco: Friday 18 from 23: 30h on Avenida Reina Maria Cristina
– Enric Verdaguer, Projecte Mut, Els Pets and Gertrudis: Saturday from 19 to 21h in the Avenue Reina Maria Cristina
– Hall Effect and Maldita Nerea: Sunday 20 from 21h in the Avenue Reina Maria Cristina
– Nuria Graham: Saturday 19 at 22: 30h at the Joan Coromines Square
– Metz and Vetiver: Friday 19 and Saturday 19, respectively, at 00: 45h in the Plaza dels Angels
– Jupiter Lion, Nueva Vulcano and Los Punsetes: Saturday 19 from 21: 30h on stage at the Forum Amfiteatre
– Ocellot, Senior i Cor Brutal and Crystal Fighters: Saturday from 19 to 19h before the former Estrella Damm Factory
– ‘BAM Family’ with Joan Colomo, Maria Rodés, The Free Fall Band … Thursday December 24 to 18 hours in the Plaza dels Angels
– Palauet Albéniz: free admission on Saturday 19 and Sunday November 20 to 21h, with lots of shows and entertainment for family audiences, as cercavila of Always Drinking (Saturday, 20: 30h), and Sardana dance esbarts (during both days), the tiny Punk Cinema Caravan (12-15h and 17-21h) and Mumusic Circus (13: 30h and 17: 30h both days), plus the cuisine of food-trucks of Van Van.
– Numerous cultural venues provide free access to their permanent collections on the day of the patron saint, Thursday 24: Picasso museums, Blau Maritim, MNAC, Can Framis, of Design, of Cultures of Mon, Archaeology, MUHBA (different locations) , History of Catalunya, MACBA, Olympic, Music, MEAM and Frederic Marès and the Royal Monastery of Santa Maria de Pedralbes and the Botanical Jardi.
– Festival fireworks on the beach of Barceloneta: Friday 18 and Saturday 19 at 22h, with the help of the Balearic pyrotechnics Jordà and Argentina Cadenaci.
– Piromusical Thursday at 22h 24 on Avenida Reina Maria Cristina
– Airplane Navecultural: an old passenger ship converted into exhibition space, visited Friday 18 to Thursday 24 next to the Glorieta.
– Wandering Orquestra: Funeral and humorous orchestra, on 19, 20 and 24. Traveling.
– Tango: different areas of the park allow to approach the Argentine dance par excellence, through projections 360, displays and acrobatics.
– Full Dome Done: surround projections animation, video art and music, from Friday 18 to Thursday 24.
– Origin, Thomas Noone Dance and Dance Conservatory of the Institut del Teatre: Saturday 19 to Thursday 24, around the plane Navecultural.
– Interval of the Central del Circ: own show of the center of Barcelona’s creation, which includes street musicians and acrobats, from Monday 21 to Thursday 24
– Urban Dance with Brodas Bros (Saturday 19 to Thursday 24) and Merce HOP 2015 (Thursday 24) in the scenario Urbà
– Vintage Park Attractions Antigua i Barbuda (Friday 18 to Thursday 24) and Gourmet Corner Marketplace Van Van
– Narcissus Franc Aleu and Joan Bofill: audiovisual and participatory show Friday 18 to Thursday 24.
Circus Montjuïc Castle
– Combinat of circ: Saturday 19 and Sunday 20, with six different companies
– Baljaeju National Circus Pyongyang: Saturday 19 and Sunday 20
– Mostra de vins i caves: Saturday 19 to Thursday 24 on Paseo Lluís Companys
– 64th Book Fair Ocasió d’Antic i Modern: September 18 to October 4 at Passeig de Gràcia
– 20th Mostra ‘Associations of Barcelona: from Friday 18 to Thursday November 24 to 19h in Plaza Catalunya, with its own program of performances, exhibitions, workshops and children’s gymnastics, among many other proposals.
– Gran Milonga in the Mercat de les Flors: masterclass for novice and professional display on Thursday from 24 to 18h. Free but you must pre-book entry.
– Thai Night in the modernist Sant Pau (Wednesday 23, 18 to 21h), free entrance with prior reservation.
Courtesy Car Service Barcelona airport