Rehabilitate the original work of the engineer Julio Valdes will cost 11 million and 21 months
The eclectic style building of the Portal de la Pau will host an information center
Port of Barcelona building
The imposing historic seat of the managing body of the port in the Portal de la Pau, now almost obsolete and deteriorated by the passage of time four years after the transfer of the offices of the Port Authority of Barcelona (APB) makes the nearby World Trade Center will return to the architectural and urban life. The APB approved yesterday tender the complete restoration of the building, and 1907 by the engineer of roads, canals and ports Julio Valdés, to become, according to another plan yet to be defined, a center of outreach port multipurpose spaces.
The building is included in the catalog of architectural heritage and rose in a bold and eclectic style genuine. The result was a harmonious allegedly also recharged and especially symmetric mixture of neo-Gothic elements, neorománics, neoclassical and even orientalists, reminiscent of the Central palaces.
The restoration comes in competition with a significant initial cost of 11 million, according to the size of the property is 50 meters long and 20 wide. Equally remarkable it is the scheduled execution time 21 months since March 2016 when it is estimated that the plan will be awarded and will start the works. The project also includes redeveloping APB as a new public space the rear solar, located at the beginning of the Bosch i Alsina wharf or whip and used until now as parking.
The restoration will affect many elements of the facade and its ocher color, characteristic of many classical buildings. But especially it will act on the inside, to restore the 1907 distribution of a single floor and vault culminating with the main room.
This cover was removed by adding a second plant in the great reform of 1940, when after the war heavily damaged the property by repeated bombings against civilians and the own port of the Italian fascist aviation repaired supporting the Franco’s troops, which eventually took the capital in 1939.
The building of the Portal de la Pau opened in 1907 as the ferry terminal passenger liner ships. His customs and postal services on the ground floor and the World Palace Restaurant on the floor. Those functions were transferred in 1911 to the great International Maritime Estació located where today is the World Trade Center. Seven years later, in 1918, the building became definitely be the headquarters of the Board of Port d’Obres, infrastructure manager.
Courtesy car service barcelona
Chauffeur Barcelona airport
Car Service Madrid